Motorcycle Sales Associate/Fit Specialist
Job Title: Fit Specialist
Department: Motorcycle Sales
Supervisor: Sales Management Team
Focus on the in-store customer experience; follow up with dealership customers & presentation of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. The sale of Harley-Davidson motorcycles to dealership customers appropriate to their preferences and needs by applying the dealership sales process, working in concert with assigned teams and an Assistant Sales Manager (ASM).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Welcome guests into the dealership.
- Narrow down the selection of Harley's to find which ones fit the customers’ needs.
- Follow up phone calls to customers.
- Selling the fun and excitement of Harley-Davidson to customers.
- Responsible for making sure that every person encountered on the sales floor is entered into the Traffic Log.
- Aggressively but politely following up on all prospective customers.
- Meet and exceeding contact goals as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Follow all procedures to complete all paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain the showroom and display of motorcycles in a manner appealing to customers.
- Remain alert and on the floor, at all times.
- Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly and courteously.
- Ensure that customers are properly qualified for needs and wants.
- Practice an effective selling methodology so that all customers receive consistent treatment when doing business (steps 1 through 4 of the Lemco sales process).
- Make introductions to other departments to ensure cross selling of Parts and Accessories, Financing, Insurance Products and Services, Warranties and Service Plans.
- Follow policies regarding road tests, pre-delivery inspections, and vehicle deliveries.
- Handle customer complaints according to dealership policy, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “make things right”, as specifically directed by the ASM and/or Sales Manager.
- Attend training sessions as requested by the Sales Manager.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience with sales of Harley-Davidson motorcycles and other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Applicable experience in big ticket retails sales strongly preferred.
- Passion for the motorcycling lifestyle and riding community.
- Must have ability to relate with broad customer base.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of applicable laws/policies/principles/etc.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, along with general email/internet.
- Experience using various Google Drive applications to include but not limited to Google Sheets and Google Docs a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- Approachable, likeable, and enthusiastic personality.
- Ability to get along with broad customer base.
- High energy level needed.
- Be self-motivated, positive, driven and helpful.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibly.
- Great customer service, excellent personal communication, and demonstrated closing skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, Holidays, and evenings.
- Must be able to work effectively with all areas of the dealership to maximize both the buying experience of the customer and the profitability of the dealership. Experience with CRM and/or computerized inventory systems, or the ability to quickly learn.
- Ability to handle confidential information responsibility required.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and motorcycle endorsement.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 25lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time. • Requires the ability to balance and push an 800+lb motorcycle.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.